Friday, September 3, 2010

fairy tale wedding ~ coco rocha

Ahh, here is a lovely video short from Coco Rocha's wedding a few weeks ago to her love James Cochran. Her Zac Posen mermaid gown is beyond stunning!




click on photo above to go to video.





I just love a fairy-tale wedding!



Best Part of My Day: I learned that my (best) sister (in the world!) and cousin are going to chip in so I can go with them next year on a long-awaited trip to Paris! I'm BEYOND excited! I have been trying to be stoic, knowing they were all going and I just...could not afford to make that trip, so thought I was going to have to pass. But as a 50th (ack!) birthday present to me, they're going to help me go. Yay. YAY!


Worst Part of My Day: Well, the day's not over yet, so who knows what might still happen, BUT...the worst part is that I am STILL model-less after yesterday's canceled photo shoot. It is *just* so hard to find reliable girls who will keep the commitments they make. I've worked with some really terrific young ladies, and they have been a joy. But I'm really at about a 50/50 show/no-show rate, and that's not good. There's a lot of work and time involved in preparing for a shoot, and when they cancel at the last minute, or worse yet, just don't show (!), it's so frustrating to have wasted all that time.

5 comments:

  1. OMG, that wedding dress is amazing. (I also loved Chelsea Clinton's Vera Wang wedding dress). I like lots of ruffles with simple tops. I made my own wedding dress when I was 18. It was a pretty white brocade mini with princess lines and puff sleeves. I did most of it by hand.

    How far beyond AMAZING that you're going to PARIS! I'm green with envy. I'm sure the joy of the trip will make you forget all about the age thing. As the magnificent French novelist, Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette, said, "You're a woman of a certain age: a woman who has passed middle age with flair!" I hope your day improves. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marion! I'm impressed that you made your own wedding dress! Do you have pictures? Silly question - of COURSE you have pictures! You should share them on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A trip to Paris far outshines shoddy models! What fabulous fun you'll have....maybe I should pop over & join you! ;-)

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Dragonfly, I only have like 3 photos of our wedding. This was in the 70's way before digital. I got married at my Mama's house and my sister took the pictures. Sadly, her camera malfunctioned and none of her photos turned out. I had a friend who took a few of those instant develop Polaroids and that's all I have. I'll have to find one and post it for you. (Hubby and I are both 18, but look like we're about 14. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to see your wedding polaroids!

    ReplyDelete