Saturday, October 16, 2010

inspired by....ellen von unwerth
































I'm very inspired by the work of photographer Ellen Von Unwerth...her photos are very provocative, sometimes with blatantly sexual overtones...sometimes more subtle. The photographs, many in black and white with a grainy look, have a timeless vintage appeal. They're very theatrical, like stills from a quirky silent movie.


Her career has spanned from circus worker to model to photographer - a life path that clearly allowed many opportunities for inspiration. 


"(Women) are not just there to be admired, they are there to be enjoyed" ~ Ellen von Unwerth 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome photography. I wish I had the boo-tay on that first lady. I'd be rich. ;-) Fabulous post!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with the 7th photo down...I want to try to do some photos like that...we shall see!

    ReplyDelete