Sunday, November 14, 2010

and now for something completely different....


(photo above by Sweet Paul)

Yesterday I went to a food photography seminar. Now, I'm no food photographer...or food blogger...I like LOVE food, but other than the occasional awesome sandwich, I really don't cook much. So - why a food photography seminar? I figured I'd pick up some tips for basic tabletop product photography (which I did); I'd force myself out my normal routine and try something new (which I did), and I'd meet some new people (which I did).

The seminar was presented by  Salvatore Brancifort - a professional photographer who had good tips on the use of artificial lighting and some makeshift reflectors (and was pretty easy on the eyes, to boot!); and Hazel Sy, a food blogger. Both were very helpful and nice and made the seminar interesting.

In the end, I don't think I'll be quitting my day job anytime soon to become a food photographer (!), but it was fun to do something totally different...and here are some of my photos from the day...











and I'm happy to say that I have a model coming next Saturday for a Dragonfly shoot, so will finally have some new things up in the store. yay.

5 comments:

  1. what a good idea! & these look great.
    I am so inspired by this - now I must go find something new to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lily! Good to see you! How's Long Island? ha, like I'm not there every day for work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you could be a food photog! they all look yummy!!!

    xo~

    www.blouseshoppe.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow very high quality macro shots, you can definitely be a food photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing what goes into a food photoshoot, what interesting tricks they do to make the food look more appetizing...

    And I'll take the oversized sweater you were talking about if your daughter doesn't want it hehe :)

    Micaela

    ReplyDelete