Friday, December 30, 2011

And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half.


When I was little and still believed in Santa Claus, I can remember counting down the days until Christmas and they were just  e  n  d  l  e  s  s.  My mother told me that the days would go faster as I got older. I couldn't understand. They'd only be 23 hours?? Huh??

Now that I'm even older than my mother was when she told me that (mwrrh), I get it. I've gotten it for a long time, but...it's starting to feel like that ride where you stand in the big drum, and it spins faster and faster and the centrifugal force sucks you back against the wall and the floor drops away and you just stick there and are helpless to move or stop it or even turn your head to look away.

I understand that it's all about relativity and perception, but...perception is everything and I think the days really *are* only like 22 hours now. I can't keep up. I can't catch up. I'm trying to notice and enjoy the good moments but they go by so fast.



 



 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks, Miss Jayne - Happy New Year to you and your family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Miss B. Love the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cindy, the same to you. What do you think, is this going to be a good year??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always in awe of your wonderful photography! You have such a good eye not only for the pics but also in your decorating... very envious over here!

    Happiest of New Year's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Danni...and Happy New Year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete